7 On Your Side
Gas prices down for July 4
Keeping cool costs more, but driving somewhere costs less.
AAA says gas prices are down so naturally, driving is up this holiday week.
An estimated 42 million Americans are taking trips during their time off. That's 2 million more travelers than last year and the highest number since 2007.
Fuel prices are down an average of 24 cents per gallon compared to last year. California residents are now paying an average of $3.74 per gallon, a big relief from the $4 or more they were paying earlier this year.
gas prices, 4th of july, 7 on your side
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 6 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 19 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos