7 On Your Side
Gas prices down for July 4
Keeping cool costs more, but driving somewhere costs less.
AAA says gas prices are down so naturally, driving is up this holiday week.
An estimated 42 million Americans are taking trips during their time off. That's 2 million more travelers than last year and the highest number since 2007.
Fuel prices are down an average of 24 cents per gallon compared to last year. California residents are now paying an average of $3.74 per gallon, a big relief from the $4 or more they were paying earlier this year.
gas prices, 4th of july, 7 on your side
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
37 min ago