7 On Your Side
Gas prices down for July 4
Keeping cool costs more, but driving somewhere costs less.
AAA says gas prices are down so naturally, driving is up this holiday week.
An estimated 42 million Americans are taking trips during their time off. That's 2 million more travelers than last year and the highest number since 2007.
Fuel prices are down an average of 24 cents per gallon compared to last year. California residents are now paying an average of $3.74 per gallon, a big relief from the $4 or more they were paying earlier this year.
gas prices, 4th of july, 7 on your side
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 14 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos