7 On Your Side
Authorities shut down counterfeit merchandise sites
Federal authorities Thursday shut down 70 websites that were selling counterfeit merchandise -- everything from baby carriers to designer handbags.
Authorities said they looked so real, most consumers could not tell them apart from the real ones.
The websites sold counterfeits including fake NFL jerseys, Louis Vuitton handbags and Dr. Dre headphones.
The sites were operated from overseas and fake goods were shipped into the United States. .
Today they're covered with a banner saying the government has now seized the websites.
crime, internet, 7 on your side
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal 5 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire 3 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos