7 On Your Side
Hotel guests often disappointed with accommodations
Have you ever stayed in a hotel room and wished you'd booked somewhere else? That's the feeling of a lot of travelers these days.
A new survey by J.D. Power and Associates found more hotel guests were disappointed with their accommodations than they were last year. The company polled 61,000 travelers. Overall they gave lower marks for amenities like swimming pools, food service and check-in procedures.
The biggest complaint was that guests didn't like being charged to use the Internet, and having Wi-Fi that was too slow.
travel, 7 on your side
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday