7 On Your Side
7 On Your Side helps woman get paycheck
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Have you ever received a paycheck you couldn't cash? It happened to a San Jose woman. She turned to 7 On Your Side's Michael Finney.
Savannah Jensen worked at the Hollister store in San Jose's Oakridge Mall last summer. She never picked up her final check, but Hollister was nice enough to send it to her home, and that's where the problem began.
"It is expired; it was void after 180 days," Jensen said.
The problem? The check was dated August 19, 2001, but wasn't post marked until April 3, 2012, well past 180 days.
Jensen figured she would get the check reissued, but what seemed like an easy task turned into an insurmountable challenge.
"We left them five voice messages to their payroll, theft and fraud, anyone we could get a hold of we left a message," she said.
The Hollister people are not easy to get a hold of. The public relations department doesn't take calls from the media.
But eventually 7 On Your Side made contact and Jensen got a new check.
"I could have done without it, but it is the principal; it is my $100 that I worked for," Jensen said.
san jose, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 53 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos