7 On Your Side
7 On Your Side helps woman get paycheck
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- Have you ever received a paycheck you couldn't cash? It happened to a San Jose woman. She turned to 7 On Your Side's Michael Finney.
Savannah Jensen worked at the Hollister store in San Jose's Oakridge Mall last summer. She never picked up her final check, but Hollister was nice enough to send it to her home, and that's where the problem began.
"It is expired; it was void after 180 days," Jensen said.
The problem? The check was dated August 19, 2001, but wasn't post marked until April 3, 2012, well past 180 days.
Jensen figured she would get the check reissued, but what seemed like an easy task turned into an insurmountable challenge.
"We left them five voice messages to their payroll, theft and fraud, anyone we could get a hold of we left a message," she said.
The Hollister people are not easy to get a hold of. The public relations department doesn't take calls from the media.
But eventually 7 On Your Side made contact and Jensen got a new check.
"I could have done without it, but it is the principal; it is my $100 that I worked for," Jensen said.
san jose, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case