7 On Your Side
Company puts an end to long telephone hold times
If you call your bank you'll probably be put on hold. The same for your cell phone provider and nearly any business you deal with. Maybe it's time to turn the tables and make them wait for you.
Spending time on hold is a total drag and yet that is how we all spend hours of our time each year. However, enter a website and iPhone app from Fast Customer, a company that does away with all that.
"This is ridiculous. Why would people, why would humans, spend our time being on hold with machines," Aaron Dragushan said.
Dragushan came up with the idea for Fast Customer, "Our system picks up the phone as it were, navigates through the phone tree until we get to a live person. We wait on hold as long necessary. We are playing a message that message says please press one for your next customer." And that's when your phone rings.
But, does it work? When an intern with 7 On Your Side tested the service's iPhone app, it worked perfectly. It also worked well when we used a cell phone as the return number. It did not, however, always work with the ABC7 phone system. It turns out many corporate phones are not compatible with the system.
Dragushan says he's going to look into a few of the problems 7 On Your Side ran into during the tests and get them fixed.
There are more than 3,000 companies available through Fast Customer, which is free.
cellphone, 7 on your side, michael finney
- War vet Merrill Newman lands at SFO Saturday 1 min ago
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday