7 On Your Side
GM works on new super battery
Potentially good news is on the horizon for electric car enthusiasts.
General Motors is working on new technology that it says could power an electric vehicle 100 miles on a single charge. That mileage could double within a few years.
GM's Volt can currently travel less than 50 miles on a single charge.
general motors, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 32 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 11 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos