7 On Your Side
GM works on new super battery
Potentially good news is on the horizon for electric car enthusiasts.
General Motors is working on new technology that it says could power an electric vehicle 100 miles on a single charge. That mileage could double within a few years.
GM's Volt can currently travel less than 50 miles on a single charge.
general motors, 7 on your side, michael finney
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos