7 On Your Side
Now is a good time to trade in an old iPhone
The highly anticipated iPhone 5 is expected to be released in mid-September. So if you're planning to trade in your old one, when is the best time to do so? Experts say. It's right now.
Your current iPhones will fetch the highest prices on the trade-in market if you cash them in before the new iPhone comes out.
That's because millions of other consumers will also be looking to trade in their phones. So that will flood the market and prices will go down.
Most online trade in companies will quote a price for your phone and lock it in usually for 30 days. You can hang onto your phone until the new one comes out and still get the higher price.
For the iPhone4S Gazelle.com is offering $277, Guzu.com is offering $285, and NextWorth.com is offering $300.
apple, iphone, cellphone, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
6 min ago