7 On Your Side
Now is a good time to trade in an old iPhone
The highly anticipated iPhone 5 is expected to be released in mid-September. So if you're planning to trade in your old one, when is the best time to do so? Experts say. It's right now.
Your current iPhones will fetch the highest prices on the trade-in market if you cash them in before the new iPhone comes out.
That's because millions of other consumers will also be looking to trade in their phones. So that will flood the market and prices will go down.
Most online trade in companies will quote a price for your phone and lock it in usually for 30 days. You can hang onto your phone until the new one comes out and still get the higher price.
For the iPhone4S Gazelle.com is offering $277, Guzu.com is offering $285, and NextWorth.com is offering $300.
apple, iphone, cellphone, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire