7 On Your Side
JetBlue fined for violating passenger bill of rights
JetBlue will have to pay a $90,000 fine for violating the passenger bill of rights.
Regulations require airlines to inform passengers they can get off a plane every 30 minutes when a flight is delayed. The law is designed to protect passengers from being stuck on delayed planes for hours.
Regulators say in March a JetBlue plane at JFK airport didn't leave for three hours after boarding.
jetblue, 7 on your side
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos