7 On Your Side
NorCal homeowners to get insurance rate decrease
Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones Tuesday announced a 9.3 percent rate decrease for customers of AAA Northern California home owner insurance.
The rate reduction comes because Northern California has seen a decrease in catastrophes over the last few years. The fire near Redding earlier this month destroyed 80 homes, but overall disasters like it have declined and that's meant the total amount of losses from claims has decreased as well.
Insurance rates are regulated by California and must be approved by the California Department of Insurance.
All AAA home insurance customers north of Fresno to the California-Oregon border will see an average savings of $100. The total savings to AAA customers will be $40 million.
New rates go into effect on Dec. 1, just in time for the holidays.
insurance, AAA, 7 on your side
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 1 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 39 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 43 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos