7 On Your Side
Chase customers getting loan modifications without asking
Some Chase customers are getting loan modifications without even asking for them.
It has to do with the $25 billion settlement between the attorney generals of 49 states and five largest lenders. Chase agreed to more than $4 billion in mortgage relief.
The bank sent out notices to its customers, but it's not even waiting for those it knows will qualify. One homeowner received a notice in the mail reducing the mortgage rate from 6.5 percent down to 2.8.
The settlement includes a reward for banks that complete their adjustments within one year.
chase bank, mortgages, loans, 7 on your side
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos