7 On Your Side
Chase customers getting loan modifications without asking
Some Chase customers are getting loan modifications without even asking for them.
It has to do with the $25 billion settlement between the attorney generals of 49 states and five largest lenders. Chase agreed to more than $4 billion in mortgage relief.
The bank sent out notices to its customers, but it's not even waiting for those it knows will qualify. One homeowner received a notice in the mail reducing the mortgage rate from 6.5 percent down to 2.8.
The settlement includes a reward for banks that complete their adjustments within one year.
chase bank, mortgages, loans, 7 on your side
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Market streets in SF
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation 1 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches 49 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos