7 On Your Side
Group finds toxic levels of lead in purses
Several major retailers are not doing enough to eliminate harmful amounts of lead from purses and other fashion accessories, according to a Bay Area watchdog group.
7 On Your Sides Michael Finney has been following this story since an East Bay environmental group found dangerous levels of lead in purses and handbags sold at national retailers, including Forever 21, Macy's and Nordstrom's.
Now, the Center for Environmental Health finds those stores are slow to take lead-tainted items off shelves.
The center has sent letters to the retail outlets -- telling them to take action.
7 on your side
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 3 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 22 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 25 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 43 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 19 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 22 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
48 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos