7 On Your Side
Group finds toxic levels of lead in purses
Several major retailers are not doing enough to eliminate harmful amounts of lead from purses and other fashion accessories, according to a Bay Area watchdog group.
7 On Your Sides Michael Finney has been following this story since an East Bay environmental group found dangerous levels of lead in purses and handbags sold at national retailers, including Forever 21, Macy's and Nordstrom's.
Now, the Center for Environmental Health finds those stores are slow to take lead-tainted items off shelves.
The center has sent letters to the retail outlets -- telling them to take action.
7 on your side
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 11 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 48 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 16 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos