7 On Your Side
Group finds toxic levels of lead in purses
Several major retailers are not doing enough to eliminate harmful amounts of lead from purses and other fashion accessories, according to a Bay Area watchdog group.
7 On Your Sides Michael Finney has been following this story since an East Bay environmental group found dangerous levels of lead in purses and handbags sold at national retailers, including Forever 21, Macy's and Nordstrom's.
Now, the Center for Environmental Health finds those stores are slow to take lead-tainted items off shelves.
The center has sent letters to the retail outlets -- telling them to take action.
7 on your side
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area 22 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights 16 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid 25 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bear wanders into residential SoCal...
9 min ago