7 On Your Side
American claims pilots causing delays
American claims its pilots are deliberately causing delays and cancelations -- leaving passengers in the dust.
The troubled airline says pilots are calling in sick or grounding planes for minor repairs. The union says American is operating with too few pilots and aging planes.
One flight tracker estimated 100 American flights were canceled on Monday. However no disruptions were reported at San Francisco International Airport Tuesday.
american airlines, airline industry, 7 on your side
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday