7 On Your Side
American claims pilots causing delays
American claims its pilots are deliberately causing delays and cancelations -- leaving passengers in the dust.
The troubled airline says pilots are calling in sick or grounding planes for minor repairs. The union says American is operating with too few pilots and aging planes.
One flight tracker estimated 100 American flights were canceled on Monday. However no disruptions were reported at San Francisco International Airport Tuesday.
american airlines, airline industry, 7 on your side
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 15 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday