7 On Your Side
7 On Your Side tests out juice sprayer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- When 7 On Your Side has a consumer story that involves a lemon, we're usually talking about a car. Not this time. I recently checked out a new product known as a "citrus spritzer" and he put it to the test at San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf.
"Man, lobster and crab, that's how you do it sir," Carlo Chavez said as he served up food at another lunch time at Sabella & La Torre at Fisherman's Wharf. Chavez was working the counter and the crowd. "Come odown everybody. We have the best soup, clam chowder, we've got shrimp, we've got crabs, we've got everything you want. If it swims, I got them," he said.
The fish there is great, but I was there for the condiments.
"We use a lot of lemons, tons of lemons all the time," said Chavez.
Finney showed Chavez a new product called "Stem." It's a citrus spritzer which promises to allow you to spray citrus juice directly from the fruit, so he tested it out. It is easy to set up. You just jam the stem into the fruit and then spray.
"Oh wow, it works! Wow, that's great," Chavez said. "This is beautiful."
The juice tastes fresh. It really feels as if you're spraying from a bottle. The Stem is gaining fans. It works on lemons, but how about limes? Seven On Your Side put it to the test and it also worked pretty well.
The Stem can be bought online and costs $4.99.
food, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 21 min ago
- A closer look at the America's Cup catamarans 53 min ago
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing 58 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal 27 min ago
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces 16 min ago
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to...
27 min ago