7 On Your Side
Diaper shortage possible due to factory explosion
There is an alert for moms and dads -- if you have a baby using disposable diapers, you may want to stock up. This could be worse than stores running out of Furby dolls -- it's a potential worldwide shortage of disposable diapers.
Production dropped following an explosion at a Japanese factory over the weekend. The factory makes one-fifth of the world's supply of an ingredient used to make popular brands like Pampers and Huggies more absorbent. The plant is now shut down.
However, no run on diapers yet. A check of local markets today found there were still plenty on store shelves.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos