7 On Your Side
LCD TV, laptop class action deadline coming soon
If you bought an LCD television or laptop before 2006, you have some money coming to you, but you have to file a claim and the deadline to file is next Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012.
A class action lawsuit claims 10 companies inflated prices for LCD panels. The screens were used to make TVs, monitors and laptops. The companies agreed to settle the case for $1.1 billion.
If you bought a device with an LCD screen between 1999 and 2006, you can now file a claim for cash.
Payments are expected to be at least $25 for each device. You don't need a receipt, just to send in a form by December 6.
television, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday