7 On Your Side
Boy gets big surprise after writing Lego
James Groccia, 10, of Connecticut, lives with a developmental disorder. For two years, the boy saved every penny he had until he had the $100 he needed to buy a Lego train set. Playing with Legos helps with the boy's social skills.
Unfortunately, by the time he saved enough money, Lego had discontinued making that set.
So the boy wrote a letter to Lego which his father posted on YouTube asking if Lego could help him find a set. Lego wrote back apologizing, but restated that the train was no longer being made. But several days later a box arrived at his door from Lego. With a hidden camera, his parents recorded the whole thing.
"I finally have it! I finally have it!" said
Lego sent him a set along with a letter thanking James for his loyalty to the company. The boy is convinced Lego is the best company in the world.
youtube, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 15 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney 34 min ago
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos