7 On Your Side
Vintage California license plates offered by DMV
There has been some confusion over the vintage license plates now being offered by the DMV.
Starting this year, you can order the "legacy license plates" from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. They replicate the simple plates we had back in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
The DMV said owners of classic cars might want a retro plate to go with them. However, I'll clear up the confusion: anybody with a car from any model year can order a legacy plate too.
You could put one on your 2013 Prius, as well as your 1950 Ford. Just be ready to pay a $50 fee.
DMV, 7 on your side, michael finney
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 42 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
40 min ago