7 On Your Side
United Airlines attempts second fare hike of 2013
A major airline made a second attempt today to raise air fares.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," -- that could be today's motto for United Airlines. United tried to raise ticket prices for the second time this year.
The first attempt was on Jan. 3, when the airline raised fares up to $5 each way. However, other carriers did not follow suit. So United brought its fares back down. Well, on Thursday it tried again, this time raising fares up to $10 each way.
United says the fare hike has nothing to do with the grounding of Boeing's dreamliner jets. United owns six dreamliners.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 10 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 43 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case