7 On Your Side
United Airlines attempts second fare hike of 2013
A major airline made a second attempt today to raise air fares.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," -- that could be today's motto for United Airlines. United tried to raise ticket prices for the second time this year.
The first attempt was on Jan. 3, when the airline raised fares up to $5 each way. However, other carriers did not follow suit. So United brought its fares back down. Well, on Thursday it tried again, this time raising fares up to $10 each way.
United says the fare hike has nothing to do with the grounding of Boeing's dreamliner jets. United owns six dreamliners.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 48 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 42 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
20 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos