7 On Your Side
Subway foot-long sandwich found 1 inch short
When someone sells you a foot-long sandwich, you probably don't expect an 11-inch one.
That's what a man from Australia got from Subway sandwiches. The man was so angry he posted a picture of the sandwich next to a ruler on Subway's Facebook page. More than 100,000 people "liked" or commented on the photo.
The photo has since been taken down, but scores of others have reposted the photo. Reporters from the New York Post bought seven foot-long sandwiches and found that four were shy of 12 inches. Subway says when the bread isn't baked to specifications, the sandwich may come up short.
Is that what you call short bread?
7 on your side, michael finney
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos