7 On Your Side
Subway foot-long sandwich found 1 inch short
When someone sells you a foot-long sandwich, you probably don't expect an 11-inch one.
That's what a man from Australia got from Subway sandwiches. The man was so angry he posted a picture of the sandwich next to a ruler on Subway's Facebook page. More than 100,000 people "liked" or commented on the photo.
The photo has since been taken down, but scores of others have reposted the photo. Reporters from the New York Post bought seven foot-long sandwiches and found that four were shy of 12 inches. Subway says when the bread isn't baked to specifications, the sandwich may come up short.
Is that what you call short bread?
7 on your side, michael finney
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 24 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
24 min ago