7 On Your Side
Annie's recalls rising-crust frozen pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley-based food company Annie's is voluntarily recalling its homegrown frozen pizza after tiny pieces of metal mesh were found in the dough and flour.
The pizza has a "best by" date of Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
All varieties of its "Annie's rising crust frozen pizza" are affected. The product is distributed throughout the United States.
Annie's says no metal has been found in its finished product and that the recall is precautionary only. No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
berkeley, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday