7 On Your Side
Annie's recalls rising-crust frozen pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley-based food company Annie's is voluntarily recalling its homegrown frozen pizza after tiny pieces of metal mesh were found in the dough and flour.
The pizza has a "best by" date of Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
All varieties of its "Annie's rising crust frozen pizza" are affected. The product is distributed throughout the United States.
Annie's says no metal has been found in its finished product and that the recall is precautionary only. No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
berkeley, 7 on your side, michael finney
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 21 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 12 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 24 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
37 min ago