7 On Your Side
Do you have unclaimed money coming?
You could have as much as $700,000 owed to you and not even know it. You've likely heard this before and might not have even bothered to check, but maybe this will change your mind.
Federal officials say there are $58 billion sitting out there waiting for you to claim. It is cash that people left behind in abandoned bank accounts, stock holdings, unclaimed life insurance payouts and forgotten pensions.
Here in California, the California State Controller's Office tells us there's $6.1 billon waiting to be claimed. That's money that belongs to 17.6 million people.
We have links to various websites where you can check to see if you have money coming.
7 on your side, michael finney
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 7 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos