7 On Your Side
Do you have unclaimed money coming?
You could have as much as $700,000 owed to you and not even know it. You've likely heard this before and might not have even bothered to check, but maybe this will change your mind.
Federal officials say there are $58 billion sitting out there waiting for you to claim. It is cash that people left behind in abandoned bank accounts, stock holdings, unclaimed life insurance payouts and forgotten pensions.
Here in California, the California State Controller's Office tells us there's $6.1 billon waiting to be claimed. That's money that belongs to 17.6 million people.
We have links to various websites where you can check to see if you have money coming.
7 on your side, michael finney
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 33 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos