7 On Your Side
Do you have unclaimed money coming?
You could have as much as $700,000 owed to you and not even know it. You've likely heard this before and might not have even bothered to check, but maybe this will change your mind.
Federal officials say there are $58 billion sitting out there waiting for you to claim. It is cash that people left behind in abandoned bank accounts, stock holdings, unclaimed life insurance payouts and forgotten pensions.
Here in California, the California State Controller's Office tells us there's $6.1 billon waiting to be claimed. That's money that belongs to 17.6 million people.
We have links to various websites where you can check to see if you have money coming.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe 19 min ago
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos