7 On Your Side
Do you have unclaimed money coming?
You could have as much as $700,000 owed to you and not even know it. You've likely heard this before and might not have even bothered to check, but maybe this will change your mind.
Federal officials say there are $58 billion sitting out there waiting for you to claim. It is cash that people left behind in abandoned bank accounts, stock holdings, unclaimed life insurance payouts and forgotten pensions.
Here in California, the California State Controller's Office tells us there's $6.1 billon waiting to be claimed. That's money that belongs to 17.6 million people.
We have links to various websites where you can check to see if you have money coming.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate 10 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems 50 min ago
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos