7 On Your Side
Passenger files suit against Carnival
Legal experts say it will be tough to sue Carnival Cruise Lines for last week's stranding. However, some passengers will find they have legal issues worth exploring.
Passenger Lisa Williams has just filed suit claiming physical injury. In an exclusive interview with Houston sister station KTRK, she said she became dehydrated on the ship and spent this past weekend in and out of urgent care centers getting IV drips.
"Nobody ever offered me additional water, and I was not about to drink water coming out of the ship," Williams told KTRK.
So what does the fine print say? Carnival's ticket contract states the company can't be held responsible for emotional distress and mental suffering. But apparently customers can sue for physical injury.
tourism, travel, lawsuit, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 12 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF policeinvestigating shooting in the Outer Mission 17 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos