7 On Your Side
Passenger files suit against Carnival
Legal experts say it will be tough to sue Carnival Cruise Lines for last week's stranding. However, some passengers will find they have legal issues worth exploring.
Passenger Lisa Williams has just filed suit claiming physical injury. In an exclusive interview with Houston sister station KTRK, she said she became dehydrated on the ship and spent this past weekend in and out of urgent care centers getting IV drips.
"Nobody ever offered me additional water, and I was not about to drink water coming out of the ship," Williams told KTRK.
So what does the fine print say? Carnival's ticket contract states the company can't be held responsible for emotional distress and mental suffering. But apparently customers can sue for physical injury.
tourism, travel, lawsuit, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Pres. Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 11 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting 11 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger 46 min ago
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday