7 On Your Side
Delta Air Lines backs off fare increase
For the third time this year, airlines have failed to raise domestic airfares.
The latest unsuccessful attempt came last week when Delta raised domestic fares by $4 to $10 per round trip -- but then on Friday it backed off.
No other airline matched the increase.
After two years of raising prices, airlines are finding it much more difficult to do so. The economy remains sluggish and consumers will actually go to another airline if they can save just $5 on a $400 fare.
economy, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 8 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago