7 On Your Side
Number of previously-owned homes sold climbs up
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There is encouraging news on the nation's housing market.
The National Association of Realtors reports sales of previously owned homes reached an annual rate of nearly five million in February.
That's up 10-percent from the year before and was the best month since November 2009.
Home sales in California are being held back by two things: lower priced homes are hard to come by and many homeowners are waiting for prices to rise before selling.
housing market, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 14 min ago
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver 29 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos