7 On Your Side
Expect to pay more for hotels this summer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Expect to pay more to stay at a hotel this summer. Costs are climbing across the U.S. with San Francisco leading the pack.
Industry tracker Smith Travel Research is predicting up to 10 percent cost increases at hotels in popular big cities. Following behind San Francisco in the race for most expensive is New Orleans.
Miami isn't far behind with a rate jump of 7.6 percent, but it's not all bad news. If you're looking for a bargain, go to Washington D.C. It's the only city on the list where the rates are slightly down.
travel, 7 on your side, michael finney
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 25 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 8 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 57 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 12 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
48 min ago