7 On Your Side
Expect to pay more for hotels this summer
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Expect to pay more to stay at a hotel this summer. Costs are climbing across the U.S. with San Francisco leading the pack.
Industry tracker Smith Travel Research is predicting up to 10 percent cost increases at hotels in popular big cities. Following behind San Francisco in the race for most expensive is New Orleans.
Miami isn't far behind with a rate jump of 7.6 percent, but it's not all bad news. If you're looking for a bargain, go to Washington D.C. It's the only city on the list where the rates are slightly down.
travel, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 23 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos