7 On Your Side
Sales of sandwiches rise in past 3 years
If you haven't made yourself a sandwich in a while, you're not alone. Sales of sandwiches at restaurants are up almost 5 percent since 2010.
Yet, we're eating about the same amount of sandwiches we always have. That means a lot fewer of us are making our own sandwiches these days.
The sandwich industry is valued at nearly $28 billion. Nearly half the sandwiches eaten were bought at restaurants rather than made at home.
food, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos