7 On Your Side
How to prevent infections caused by makeup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- This is a good time of year to freshen your makeup for both beauty and health. Two of the biggest names in the industry, NARS Cosmetics and Glam.com, have advice on keeping your makeup healthy and current.
"When it comes to your makeup case, we are worried about health and beauty. It is important that you change your most of your products every three months," Glam.com Executive Editorial Director Nola Weinstein.
Typically, the thinking is that you want to be in on the latest colors and style but beyond that, you want to protect yourself against infections. "Things get gross and disgusting, so it is important to take care of yourself by taking good care of your makeup case," Weinstein said.
Click play on the video above for more information!
fashion, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan 11 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday