7 On Your Side
How to prevent infections caused by makeup
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- This is a good time of year to freshen your makeup for both beauty and health. Two of the biggest names in the industry, NARS Cosmetics and Glam.com, have advice on keeping your makeup healthy and current.
"When it comes to your makeup case, we are worried about health and beauty. It is important that you change your most of your products every three months," Glam.com Executive Editorial Director Nola Weinstein.
Typically, the thinking is that you want to be in on the latest colors and style but beyond that, you want to protect yourself against infections. "Things get gross and disgusting, so it is important to take care of yourself by taking good care of your makeup case," Weinstein said.
Click play on the video above for more information!
fashion, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 50 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos