7 On Your Side
Important note about tire warranty
If you have been out on the road for the long holiday weekend here is a question that could save you money. Did you have problems with your tires? Did the tread pull away from the tire or did bubbles appear? Well there's a good chance you are covered.
Pam Oakes, mechanic and author of Car Care For the Clueless said, "All makes and models of tires out there on your car today has a tire manufacturer warranty. People aren't aware of it. This should be conveyed to the consumer when they purchase their tires, but most often is not."
Most tire warranties do not cover road hazards like nails or pot holes, but most tire warranties cover normal wear for six years.
If you had an issue this weekend, check in with your dealership or tire store.
auto industry, memorial day, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 48 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 55 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos