7 On Your Side
Important note about tire warranty
If you have been out on the road for the long holiday weekend here is a question that could save you money. Did you have problems with your tires? Did the tread pull away from the tire or did bubbles appear? Well there's a good chance you are covered.
Pam Oakes, mechanic and author of Car Care For the Clueless said, "All makes and models of tires out there on your car today has a tire manufacturer warranty. People aren't aware of it. This should be conveyed to the consumer when they purchase their tires, but most often is not."
Most tire warranties do not cover road hazards like nails or pot holes, but most tire warranties cover normal wear for six years.
If you had an issue this weekend, check in with your dealership or tire store.
auto industry, memorial day, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire