7 On Your Side
Important note about tire warranty
If you have been out on the road for the long holiday weekend here is a question that could save you money. Did you have problems with your tires? Did the tread pull away from the tire or did bubbles appear? Well there's a good chance you are covered.
Pam Oakes, mechanic and author of Car Care For the Clueless said, "All makes and models of tires out there on your car today has a tire manufacturer warranty. People aren't aware of it. This should be conveyed to the consumer when they purchase their tires, but most often is not."
Most tire warranties do not cover road hazards like nails or pot holes, but most tire warranties cover normal wear for six years.
If you had an issue this weekend, check in with your dealership or tire store.
auto industry, memorial day, 7 on your side, michael finney
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 22 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 33 min ago
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 5 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos