7 On Your Side
Vobok audio app expands social media services
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- As artist Andy Warhol once said, "In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." And these days with YouTube and Facebook, that's just about true.
There is now a new service called Vobok. Vobok is a brand new app that allows users to send audio by way of Twitter, Facebook and a Vobok feed.
Do people really need this app? That's what 7 On Your Side's Michael Finney asked its founder.
"When you Vobok you are saying it in your own voice which is very powerful. When you tweet you are actually writing a text," said Vobok founder and CEO Priyam Parikh.
The app is free and available on iTunes and for Android.
There are other audio social media services. Audio Tweet is one, Chirbit is another. But Vobok is the latest. What makes it different is its ability to broadcast audio on its own platform, Twitter and Facebook all at the same time.
apps, twitter, youtube, facebook, social media, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion 54 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 11 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos