7 On Your Side
Good drivers could get low cost insurance
Some low income Californians with good driving records could get a big break on their auto insurance this year.
For the second year in a row, the price of low cost auto insurance in California has declined.
Drivers can purchase auto insurance for as little as $276 in most bay area counties, including San Francisco, Santa Clara and Alameda.
That's about a 3 percent decrease from last year.
Eligible drivers must be 19 years old, have three years of driving experience and own a vehicle valued under $20,000.
To find out if you're eligible and to find an authorized dealer, click here or call 1-866-602-8861.
insurance, auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 37 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos