7 On Your Side
Good drivers could get low cost insurance
Some low income Californians with good driving records could get a big break on their auto insurance this year.
For the second year in a row, the price of low cost auto insurance in California has declined.
Drivers can purchase auto insurance for as little as $276 in most bay area counties, including San Francisco, Santa Clara and Alameda.
That's about a 3 percent decrease from last year.
Eligible drivers must be 19 years old, have three years of driving experience and own a vehicle valued under $20,000.
To find out if you're eligible and to find an authorized dealer, click here or call 1-866-602-8861.
insurance, auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos