7 On Your Side
Long term health insurance is sky rocketing
The cost of long term health care insurance is sky rocketing. Some consumers are getting rate increases of as much as 30 percent. Some are looking at it double over the next few months.
Many of us will need long term care as we age and finding a good company, one that won't raise our rates too much, is not an easy task.
Here's the good news -- the California Department of Insurance makes it easier with a side-by-side comparison of policies sold in this state.
David Hollander heads up Oakland based financial services company, Liberty Group. He says if you are considering long term care insurance, look now rather than later.
"It is worth it just to check it out and the most important thing to remember is your health buys long term care, not your wealth. I have had lots of people come in who were wealthy and couldn't get it, because they are uninsurable," said Hollander.
health care, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos