7 On Your Side
Long term health insurance is sky rocketing
The cost of long term health care insurance is sky rocketing. Some consumers are getting rate increases of as much as 30 percent. Some are looking at it double over the next few months.
Many of us will need long term care as we age and finding a good company, one that won't raise our rates too much, is not an easy task.
Here's the good news -- the California Department of Insurance makes it easier with a side-by-side comparison of policies sold in this state.
David Hollander heads up Oakland based financial services company, Liberty Group. He says if you are considering long term care insurance, look now rather than later.
"It is worth it just to check it out and the most important thing to remember is your health buys long term care, not your wealth. I have had lots of people come in who were wealthy and couldn't get it, because they are uninsurable," said Hollander.
health care, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 38 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 5 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike 40 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 48 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
38 min ago