7 On Your Side
7 On Your Side: How to fly for free
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Who doesn't like something for free, especially when it comes to flying? 7 On Your Side takes a look at how you can do that.
How would like to fly free on spring break?
Travel expert Scott Ford says it is possible. How? Plan to get bumped from overbooked flights. Those who are bumped often get compensated with free flights. Ford says now is the time to act.
"Thanksgiving is approaching. It is a golden opportunity for that free ticket. Family of four you want to go to Orland in the spring? Fly on Thanksgiving, take that Tuesday or the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the flights are full," said Scott Ford from Packabagandgo.com.
Ford's website Packabagandgo.com offers advice for cheap travel.
travel, airline industry, holiday, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 58 min ago
- 2 hospitalized after stabbing in San Francisco 31 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 59 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos