7 On Your Side
Tips for a responsible New Year's Eve party
If you are throwing a New Year's Eve party, there are some things to keep in mind.
First on the list is legal liability. Make sure your homeowner's premiums have been paid.
"In most cases, insurance companies will step up and to protect you there if you have that liability in place," Sweet and Baker Insurance Brokers President Bruce Calendar said.
The exception would be serving alcohol to those under 21 years of age. In those cases you might be on your own with no insurance back up.
holiday, new year's eve, alcohol, 7 on your side
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer 46 min ago
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos