7 On Your Side
Delivery services help people stick to their diets
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Bay Area is known for its fresh gourmet meals, but what if you're on a diet? 7 On Your Side's Michael Finney decided to find out by taking a look at diet delivery services.
The Paleo Diet, the Slow Carb Diet, the Zone Diet or just plain calorie counting, there's a new way to stick to a diet plan. Diet delivery services that deliver fresh meals to your door step.
"I like it because it's really easy," said dieter Jennifer Stakich.
Stakich uses a local diet delivery service called Lilah Belle's.
"It's about eating the right portions; the right amount of fat, proteins and carbs in a meal. And it's about enjoying what you eat," said Lilah Belle's owner Traci Freeman.
The San Francisco-based Lilah Belle's doesn't follow any particular diet plan.
"What I do follow is having the meals nutritionally balanced," said Freeman.
Lilah Belles offers 1,300 and 1,600 calorie plans. All meals are made fresh daily and delivered to you. Its daily plans average about $45 per day, plus delivery.
"A small bowl of quinoa and eat that if I have it there I'll reach for that, if I don't I'll reach for a sandwich or even worse a candy bar," said Stakich.
"Paleo, it's basically the concept that you eat everything that's right from the earth," said Evolution Meals owner Katherine Frank.
Frank says one of her most popular diet plans is the Paleo Diet.
The Daly City-based Evolution Meals also offers the Slow Carb Diet which was developed by Timothy Ferris, author of The 4-Hour Chef, The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Work Week.
"So, slow carb is very similar to Paleo but it allows you to eat some legumes, like beans and you actually stay away from all sugar completely, including fruit," said Frank.
Evolution Meals' plans cost between $25 and $50 a day, depending on your choices.
For people on the Zone Diet, there is Fresh Diet. Fresh Diet meal plans range from $35 to $60 a day. The company's kitchen for the Bay Area is actually based in Los Angeles, but Fresh Meals are sent on a truck to San Rafael daily. The meals are delivered to your door in the middle of the night so they are ready to go as you walk out the door in the morning.
And for busy people that can make all the difference.
All three services deliver throughout the Bay Area. They also all offer gluten-free and low-sodium options.
diets, daly city, los angeles, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 6 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank' 18 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 11 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
7 min ago
- Search for lost jet expands amid signs it...
41 min ago
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
6 min ago
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos