Disabled rights advocate passes away
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Miya Rodolfo-Sioson lost her battle with breast cancer Wednesday morning. ABC7 profiled Miya just last Friday, in our ABC7 Salute.
She was paralyzed from the neck down, in a shooting rampage 17 years ago at the University of Iowa, but it never stopped her from living her life to the fullest.
She served on Berkeley's Commission on Disability for eight years and most recently worked with foreign exchange students.
Miya was 40-years-old.
Click here for her story: Disabled rights advocate fighting cancer
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos