New document released regarding Oyster farm
POINT REYES, Calif. (KGO) -- On Friday, the National Park Service issued an environmental review of an embattled oyster farm at the Point Reyes National Seashore.
The Drake's Bay Oyster Company is the last remaining oyster cannery in California. They've been at odds with the park service which wants to shut down the farm when its lease expires.
The environmental review lists four options from closing the farm to allowing it to expand.
The secretary of the interior will make the final decision next fall.
point reyes, assignment 7
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 53 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 12 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos