The Road to Recovery: Solutions from the 99%
ABC7 aired a special called "The Road to Recovery: Solutions from the 99%" on Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. ABC7's Dan Ashley sat down with everyday people from the Bay Area looking for solutions to put America's economy back on track.
What is the fastest way to get people back to work? Can the housing crisis be solved quickly? Leading experts and everyday people address short-term and long-term fixes to get the economy on the road to recovery.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
Who are the 99% and do they have the answers to economic recovery? We check in with regular folks and some of the leading experts to get their take.
Segment 1 (00:00 - 08:12)
The Housing market is one of the key sectors that is keeping the economy from recovering. What can banks do to spur economic growth? We ask the 99%.
Segment 2 (08:12 - 11:44)
There is no home if there is no job. Economists and everyday people weigh in on how more jobs can be created now.
Segment 3 (11:44 - 18:23)
Their incomes may be shrinking, but the 99% are still hopeful that economic recovery will come...economists say, it won't be any time soon.
Segment 4 (18:23 - 21:56)
Written and produced by Ken Miguel
housing market, recession, economy, jobs, assignment 7, dan ashley
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos