The Road to Recovery: Solutions from the 99%
ABC7 aired a special called "The Road to Recovery: Solutions from the 99%" on Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. ABC7's Dan Ashley sat down with everyday people from the Bay Area looking for solutions to put America's economy back on track.
What is the fastest way to get people back to work? Can the housing crisis be solved quickly? Leading experts and everyday people address short-term and long-term fixes to get the economy on the road to recovery.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
Who are the 99% and do they have the answers to economic recovery? We check in with regular folks and some of the leading experts to get their take.
Segment 1 (00:00 - 08:12)
The Housing market is one of the key sectors that is keeping the economy from recovering. What can banks do to spur economic growth? We ask the 99%.
Segment 2 (08:12 - 11:44)
There is no home if there is no job. Economists and everyday people weigh in on how more jobs can be created now.
Segment 3 (11:44 - 18:23)
Their incomes may be shrinking, but the 99% are still hopeful that economic recovery will come...economists say, it won't be any time soon.
Segment 4 (18:23 - 21:56)
Written and produced by Ken Miguel
housing market, recession, economy, jobs, assignment 7, dan ashley
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
53 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos