New tenant sought for Exploratorium building
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Now that San Francisco's Exploratorium is moving to a new location on the Embarcadero, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is looking for a new tenant for the old location in the Marina District.
The 80,000 square-foot building at the Palace of Fine Arts rents for $490,000 a year.
It could take a year or two to find a suitable tenant with requests for proposals going out this spring.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department wants to keep the theater there now in place, but leaders of the Maybeck Foundation named for the building's famed architect will analyze potential new uses for the facility.
palace of fine arts, museums, exploratorium, assignment 7
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 21 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday