New tenant sought for Exploratorium building
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Now that San Francisco's Exploratorium is moving to a new location on the Embarcadero, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is looking for a new tenant for the old location in the Marina District.
The 80,000 square-foot building at the Palace of Fine Arts rents for $490,000 a year.
It could take a year or two to find a suitable tenant with requests for proposals going out this spring.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department wants to keep the theater there now in place, but leaders of the Maybeck Foundation named for the building's famed architect will analyze potential new uses for the facility.
palace of fine arts, museums, exploratorium, assignment 7
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting