New tenant sought for Exploratorium building
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Now that San Francisco's Exploratorium is moving to a new location on the Embarcadero, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is looking for a new tenant for the old location in the Marina District.
The 80,000 square-foot building at the Palace of Fine Arts rents for $490,000 a year.
It could take a year or two to find a suitable tenant with requests for proposals going out this spring.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department wants to keep the theater there now in place, but leaders of the Maybeck Foundation named for the building's famed architect will analyze potential new uses for the facility.
palace of fine arts, museums, exploratorium, assignment 7
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 49 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
56 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible...
49 min ago