New tenant sought for Exploratorium building
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Now that San Francisco's Exploratorium is moving to a new location on the Embarcadero, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is looking for a new tenant for the old location in the Marina District.
The 80,000 square-foot building at the Palace of Fine Arts rents for $490,000 a year.
It could take a year or two to find a suitable tenant with requests for proposals going out this spring.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department wants to keep the theater there now in place, but leaders of the Maybeck Foundation named for the building's famed architect will analyze potential new uses for the facility.
palace of fine arts, museums, exploratorium, assignment 7
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos