New tenant sought for Exploratorium building
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Now that San Francisco's Exploratorium is moving to a new location on the Embarcadero, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is looking for a new tenant for the old location in the Marina District.
The 80,000 square-foot building at the Palace of Fine Arts rents for $490,000 a year.
It could take a year or two to find a suitable tenant with requests for proposals going out this spring.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports: The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department wants to keep the theater there now in place, but leaders of the Maybeck Foundation named for the building's famed architect will analyze potential new uses for the facility.
palace of fine arts, museums, exploratorium, assignment 7
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 57 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 39 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch