Swarm of birds stuns motorists in Northern California
SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- The stormy weekend weather brought clouds across most of Northern California, but one-fast moving black "cloud" had people stopping to take a closer look.
The "cloud" turned out to be a swarm of hundreds of thousands of birds. They were spotted along Highway 16 near Sacramento.
Experts say the birds are European Starlings, and this is part of their evening routine. They say these birds tend to gather in large groups this time of year.
sacramento, amazing video, watercooler
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 21 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 9 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos