Airline forgets child traveling alone from SF
CHICAGO (KGO) -- United Airlines is apologizing after a nine-year old boy flying alone was forgotten at one of the world's busiest airports.
Julien Reid had finished visiting his father in San Francisco and flew to Chicago's O'Hare, where he was to catch a connection to Canada where his mother lives.
United took Julien to a waiting lounge for children, but then left him there for eight hours, missing his next flight. Julien finally called his mother using his pre-paid cell.
He told her he watched the same video all day, was given only McDonalds even though he's a vegetarian and that a United attendant yelled at him and the other kids.
He's back with his mom now and United says it'll provide a refund for the childcare fee.
united airlines, watercooler
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 53 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 45 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos