Airline forgets child traveling alone from SF
CHICAGO (KGO) -- United Airlines is apologizing after a nine-year old boy flying alone was forgotten at one of the world's busiest airports.
Julien Reid had finished visiting his father in San Francisco and flew to Chicago's O'Hare, where he was to catch a connection to Canada where his mother lives.
United took Julien to a waiting lounge for children, but then left him there for eight hours, missing his next flight. Julien finally called his mother using his pre-paid cell.
He told her he watched the same video all day, was given only McDonalds even though he's a vegetarian and that a United attendant yelled at him and the other kids.
He's back with his mom now and United says it'll provide a refund for the childcare fee.
united airlines, watercooler
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos