Donkey deemed hero for saving goat
PARADISE, CA (KGO) -- There have been a number of mountain lion sightings in the past month in Northern California and a goat in Butte County owes her life to a donkey.
Art Colyer's goat Buttermilk was being attacked by a mountain lion when all of the sudden Poppy the donkey went into action.
It was a wakeup call the vet service owner from Paradise won't soon forget.
"She was just braying with just amazing intensity right in the face of the face of this mountain lion. Her next move was to just start stomping on him," he said. "She started just running around a whooping it up and hitting him with everything she had. It was amazing how she just laid into him."
Buttermilk is recovering nicely from her ordeal and she and Poppy have been inseparable since the attack.
northern california, animals in peril, mountain lion sighting, watercooler
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 1 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 2 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 37 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
37 min ago