Donkey deemed hero for saving goat
PARADISE, CA (KGO) -- There have been a number of mountain lion sightings in the past month in Northern California and a goat in Butte County owes her life to a donkey.
Art Colyer's goat Buttermilk was being attacked by a mountain lion when all of the sudden Poppy the donkey went into action.
It was a wakeup call the vet service owner from Paradise won't soon forget.
"She was just braying with just amazing intensity right in the face of the face of this mountain lion. Her next move was to just start stomping on him," he said. "She started just running around a whooping it up and hitting him with everything she had. It was amazing how she just laid into him."
Buttermilk is recovering nicely from her ordeal and she and Poppy have been inseparable since the attack.
northern california, animals in peril, mountain lion sighting, watercooler
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 43 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 29 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body