Donkey deemed hero for saving goat
PARADISE, CA (KGO) -- There have been a number of mountain lion sightings in the past month in Northern California and a goat in Butte County owes her life to a donkey.
Art Colyer's goat Buttermilk was being attacked by a mountain lion when all of the sudden Poppy the donkey went into action.
It was a wakeup call the vet service owner from Paradise won't soon forget.
"She was just braying with just amazing intensity right in the face of the face of this mountain lion. Her next move was to just start stomping on him," he said. "She started just running around a whooping it up and hitting him with everything she had. It was amazing how she just laid into him."
Buttermilk is recovering nicely from her ordeal and she and Poppy have been inseparable since the attack.
northern california, animals in peril, mountain lion sighting, watercooler
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos