Bus driver forced to resign after he hits snowman
An Illinois bus driver has been forced to resign after veering into the wrong lane to mow down a snowman.
It was built by students at the University of Illinois in Urbana, who taped the incident. Supporters say the driver was just trying to eliminate a road hazard.
About a thousand people have joined a Facebook page calling for him to be reinstated.
Officials say there were better, safer ways for the driver to have removed the snowman.
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 54 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 45 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train 21 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 7 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 33 min ago
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA 14 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
21 min ago