Bus driver forced to resign after he hits snowman
An Illinois bus driver has been forced to resign after veering into the wrong lane to mow down a snowman.
It was built by students at the University of Illinois in Urbana, who taped the incident. Supporters say the driver was just trying to eliminate a road hazard.
About a thousand people have joined a Facebook page calling for him to be reinstated.
Officials say there were better, safer ways for the driver to have removed the snowman.
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 58 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 46 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 47 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 27 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 32 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 50 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos