Woman allegedly hits man with frozen steak
HOUMA, La. -- Police in the southern Louisiana city of Houma say a woman upset over her lack of freezer space allegedly hit her boyfriend in the face with a frozen beefsteak.
Police told The Courier newspaper that 47-year-old Edith Tassin -- also known as Edith Verdin -- was booked with aggravated battery against 51-year-old Jerry Voisin. Authorities say she has since been released on bond.
Police say Voisin called police on Sunday evening and told them Tassin was trying to cool a mixed drink and became upset when it woudn't fit in the freezer.
Police say Voisin was bleeding from the right side of his face when officers arrived.
Neither Tassin nor Voisin were listed in directory assistance and Tassin had not been assigned a public defender as of Monday.
food, crime, watercooler
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos