Woman allegedly hits man with frozen steak
HOUMA, La. -- Police in the southern Louisiana city of Houma say a woman upset over her lack of freezer space allegedly hit her boyfriend in the face with a frozen beefsteak.
Police told The Courier newspaper that 47-year-old Edith Tassin -- also known as Edith Verdin -- was booked with aggravated battery against 51-year-old Jerry Voisin. Authorities say she has since been released on bond.
Police say Voisin called police on Sunday evening and told them Tassin was trying to cool a mixed drink and became upset when it woudn't fit in the freezer.
Police say Voisin was bleeding from the right side of his face when officers arrived.
Neither Tassin nor Voisin were listed in directory assistance and Tassin had not been assigned a public defender as of Monday.
food, crime, watercooler
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos