Clock designed to tick for 10,000 years
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is building a clock, but it's not your everyday cuckoo clock.
It's being built inside a mountain in west Texas and will keep ticking for 10,000 years.
It's designed to tick just once a year, with a "century hand" that advances every hundred years.
Bezos calls the clock a "symbol" and "an icon for long-term thinking." He's putting $42 million into the project.
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 55 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO 24 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 31 min ago
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue 46 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 15 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
24 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
31 min ago