French engineer has idea to bring iceberg to Africa
A French engineer with a plan to drag icebergs to drought-ridden areas in East Africa is looking for about $10 million to fund the project.
He says his research shows a boat towing a seven million ton iceberg could make the trip in 141 days with only about 38 percent of the iceberg melting.
The iceberg would then provide clean drinking water to the region and could make the soil more fertile for farming.
africa, drought, hunger, watercooler
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos