Man fired from Starbucks after song goes viral
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A song about Starbucks and its customers has gone viral, but the coffee giant isn't laughing and the singer is no longer serving up lattes.
Christopher Cristwell says the way he pokes fun at customers in the song he posted on YouTube are based on his five years of working as a barista at Starbucks in the central valley.
"I'm being incredibly honest about the work experience for a lot of baristas that work for Starbucks," Cristwell said.
So far the song has had more than 100,000 hits on YouTube.
Cristwell says while his bosses praised his creativity he was fired from his job at Starbucks in Chowchilla.
Starbucks released a statement Thursday saying, "The disparaging remarks about our customers and company are unacceptable and out of line with our commitment to our customers and partners."
viral video, starbucks, central valley, watercooler
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 2 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 51 min ago
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
2 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
51 min ago