Cruise to retrace Titanic's doomed voyage
Passengers aboard a cruise into history this spring will be spending a small fortune to tempt fate.
To mark the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, a British cruise line is retracing the doomed ship's only voyage. A chartered ocean liner will sail from Southampton, England to the point off Newfoundland where the titanic had its date with destiny 100 years ago.
The liner will arrive on April 15, the day the great ship sank after hitting an iceberg.
The cruise is completely sold out. Passengers have paid up to $15,000 per person for the voyage.
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 14 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
14 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
24 min ago