Car ends up on roof in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The thick fog in the Central Valley helped police capture a man who stole a car.
Officers say the driver was speeding in Fresno's famous fog, missed a turn, hit some large rocks and a tree stump. His car went airborne and landed on the roof of an apartment.
The driver ran off, apparently with a broken leg. He was caught nearby and arrested.
A large crane was needed to get the car off the apartment.
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday