Car ends up on roof in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The thick fog in the Central Valley helped police capture a man who stole a car.
Officers say the driver was speeding in Fresno's famous fog, missed a turn, hit some large rocks and a tree stump. His car went airborne and landed on the roof of an apartment.
The driver ran off, apparently with a broken leg. He was caught nearby and arrested.
A large crane was needed to get the car off the apartment.
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose 20 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 58 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos