Car ends up on roof in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The thick fog in the Central Valley helped police capture a man who stole a car.
Officers say the driver was speeding in Fresno's famous fog, missed a turn, hit some large rocks and a tree stump. His car went airborne and landed on the roof of an apartment.
The driver ran off, apparently with a broken leg. He was caught nearby and arrested.
A large crane was needed to get the car off the apartment.
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 22 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body