Car ends up on roof in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- The thick fog in the Central Valley helped police capture a man who stole a car.
Officers say the driver was speeding in Fresno's famous fog, missed a turn, hit some large rocks and a tree stump. His car went airborne and landed on the roof of an apartment.
The driver ran off, apparently with a broken leg. He was caught nearby and arrested.
A large crane was needed to get the car off the apartment.
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos